Header Ads

Suarez won’t celebrate if he scores against Barca for Atleti

Atletico Madrid v Granada - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The two teams meet after the international break

Luis Suarez has been talking about Atletico Madrid’s forthcoming clash against Barcelona and admits he won’t celebrate if he scores against his former team.

The two clubs are due to meet straight after the international break at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on November 21.

It will be the first time Suarez has faced Barca since his move in the summer, and he admits it will be a special occasion to come up against former team-mates.

“No, I wouldn’t celebrate, out of respect for my former team-mates and for a club that gave me so much. It’s obviously a special game for me, coming up against so many friends. But I’m going to give my all for this shirt, just as I have at every club I’ve played for. I’m really enjoying myself and I’m raring to keep on showing to the world the quality player that I am.”

Source | AS

Suarez is currently joint second in the scoring charts in La Liga with five goals. He’s level with team-mate Joao Felix and another former Barca striker in Paco Alcacer. Real Sociedad’s Mikel Oyarzabal leads the way on six.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.