Header Ads

Braithwaite feeling great after Barcelona double

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad - LaLiga Santander
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The Dane also picked up an assist against Real Sociedad

Martin Braithwaite admitted he was feeling great after scoring twice and picking up an assist in Sunday’s opening La Liga match against Real Sociedad.

The Denmark international started in attack along with Memphis Depay and Antoine Griezmann and enjoyed a night to remember in a 4-2 win at the Camp Nou.

Braithwaite headed Barca’s second of the night before smashing home the third from close range. He also teed up Sergi Roberto for number four and spoke about the game afterwards.

“I have a great feeling. I have scored two goals, we have won, I have defended a lot. Also, with the public in the stadium. It has been very important. The fans expect a lot from us. We have done a great job and we have been improving,” he said.

“Happy with the two goals and the assist, you can imagine. It’s my development, my job. It’s what I’ve worked for all week. It has been a very good summer. I have regained my confidence in myself. My feelings are very good right now. I keep improving throughout the season.”

There has been speculation that Braithwaite will be sold this summer, although his agent has insisted he will be staying.

Ronald Koeman also spoke before the game about wanting to bring in another attacker but that looks impossible unless the club can offload players first.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.