Header Ads

Nico: I didn’t expect to feel so comfortable so quickly

VfB Stuttgart v FC Barcelona - Pre-Season Friendly
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The youngster made his Barcelona debut on Sunday

Barcelona midfielder Nico Gonzalez has been talking about making his La Liga debut against Real Sociedad on Sunday and how he’s been enjoying his time with the first team.

The 19-year-old enjoyed a strong pre-season with Ronald Koeman’s side and was rewarded with a first appearance in the 4-2 win over La Real.

Nico replaced captain Sergio Busquets at the Camp Nou on 83 minutes and admitted it was a beautiful experience.

“Yes it was very emotional. It’s a stadium that impresses and motivates a lot. I couldn’t wait to play there. I’ve spent my my whole life wanting to play there, I’ve seen my team-mates play there as well, so I couldn’t wait, it was a beautiful experience for me,” he said.

The teenager also admitted he has been surprised by just how quickly he’s adjusted to life with the first team.

“The pre-season went pretty well. There were a few youngsters that were able to debut with the first team, and luckily I was one of them, although I didn’t expect to feel so comfortable so quickly within the first team.

“They told me to enjoy the moment and take things easy, so I tried my best. All the teammates the staff, everybody was very happy after the win and congratulated me for my debut.

“My friends and family have supported me since the early days and they were very happy for me and this experience. Everybody was very nervous before the game add the chance that I could debut and now everybody is very happy.”

Nico also made clear he would be keeping hold of his debut shirt even though he’s already been asked by one of his closest fans to hand it over.

“For sure I won’t give it to anyone. My dad asked for it but I think i will keep it. Maybe I’ll sign it or something because this only happens once in a lifetime.”

Source | Barca TV

It looks like we might be seeing a lot more from Nico this season. The teenager has already been tiped to become Busquets’s long-term replacement and signed a new contract until 2024 back in May.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.