Header Ads

‘I think I can stay’ - Victor hoping for Barca chance with Flick

Manchester City v FC Barcelona - Pre-Season Friendly
Photo by Rich Storry/Getty Images

The striker is hoping for a first-team chance

Pau Victor says he will do all he can to prove to Hansi Flick that he deserves a place in the senior Barcelona squad for next season.

The striker has just sealed a move from Girona following an impressive season on loan with Barcelona Atletic.

He’s with the first team for their pre-season tour of North America and scored in Tuesday’s friendly clash with Manchester City.

Victor couldn’t hide his delight after the game and also spoke about how he’s determined to succeed at Barcelona.

“I’m very happy, it’s a day I’ll remember all my life. I hope to continue like this and help the team in whatever way I can,” he told reporters.

“I hope it will be an exciting season, I’m very motivated, I want to show that I can be here, hopefully, I can stay and score many more goals.

“In the end, the Clásico is just another game where I want to show what I can do. At the moment I’m very focused on taking it day by day, I’m not looking beyond the next training session. I’m working to stay.

“I trust in myself, these are decisions that don’t depend on me, I think I can stay. Flick asks us to be aggressive, to press, to be confident. Barça is the best place where I can grow.”

The striker has certainly made a great start when it comes to trying to stake a claim at Barcelona and will hope he can get more minutes in upcoming friendlies against Real Madrid and AC Milan.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.