Header Ads

Umtiti: I will be at Barca next season

The Frenchman has ruled out a summer move

Samuel Umtiti has admitted he has had a tough season with Barcelona but says he has no intention of leaving the club in the summer.

There have been rumors Barcelona could be willing to sell Umtiti after his injury troubles and amid rumored interest in Matthijs de Ligt, but the France international has confirmed he wants to stay.

The centre-back also responded to rumors about Antoine Griezmann joining the club from Atletico Madrid.

“I have a contract with Barcelona. I have had a difficult season but that does not mean I want to go elsewhere. I will be at Barcelona next season.

“The truth is I’ve never heard Griezmann being discussed in the dressing room. It must’ve happened on a day I wasn’t there!”

Source | RT (via Get French Football News)

Umtiti returned to fitness at the end of the season but had to make do with a place on the bench after slipping behind Clement Lenglet in the pecking order.

He has been in action for France since the end of the season. He started Sunday’s win over Bolivia and Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to Turkey where he found it tough going.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.