Header Ads

Ansu Fati did not expect Spain Under-21 call-up

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga Photo by Aitor Alcalde/Getty Images

The Barcelona forward is in the squad to face Montenegro

Barcelona starlet Ansu Fati has admitted he was “a little surprised” to be called up to the Spain Under-21 squad for Tuesday’s Euro qualifier against Montenegro.

The 16-year-old was a late replacement for Barcelona team-mate Carles Perez, who was forced out due to “muscular problems.”

Ansu says he got the news that he was needed by his national team from his father while on his way out with friends.

“I was in the car on my way to eat with some friends and my father phoned me to tell me I had been called up. I asked him when I had to leave and he told me it was that evening.

”So I went back to the house, changed and then went to Madrid. I was a little surprised because I didn’t expect it.

”I thank the Spanish FA because they put in a lot of effort so that I could be here. It’s a matter of pride and an honour to be here and I’m going to give my all to make people happy.”

Source | Marca

The Barcelona star also spoke about how he has settled in well among familiar faces such as Marc Cucurella, Eric Garcia and Juan Miranda. He could now make his international debut for Spain tomorrow evening in Podgorica.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.