Header Ads

Ansu Fati talks Spain Under-21 debut

Montenegro v Spain Under 21s Photo by Filip Filipovic/MB Media/Getty Images

The youngster will frame his shirt from the match

Ansu Fati has been talking about just what it meant to him to make his debut for the Spain Under-21 side on Wednesday against Montenegro.

The 16-year-old was a late call-up for the Euro qualifier and came on late in the game to make his debut on the international stage.

He spoke afterwards about what it felt like to represent Spain for the first time and how it was a moment he will never forget.

“The coach told me to be calm and enjoy, that it was another game. It was a shame not to be able to take advantage of the opportunity I had. The important thing was to get the victory, which was what we did, and now it is time to continue working and wait for a new call.

“The shirt will be framed and I will hang it in my room as a souvenir. This debut is a moment that I will remember and every time I see the images and the shirt I will remember my debut with the Spanish team.”

Source | Sport

Ansu will now head back to Barcelona and will hope to be included in the first-team squad for Saturday’s clash with Eibar. The youngster has made six appearances for Barca so far this season in all competitions, scoring twice and grabbing an assist.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.