Header Ads

Rakitic on Barca future: I’m not a sack of potatoes

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad - La Liga Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The Croatian has been tipped to leave this summer

Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has been talking to Mundo Deportivo about his future at the club and insists he will decide his next move because he is “not a sack of potatoes.”

There has been frequent speculation Rakitic could depart at the end of the season, with reports claiming he would like to head back to former club Sevilla.

Rakitic addressed the situation and made it clear he wants to be somewhere he is valued.

“I understand the situation, but I am not a bag of potatoes with which to do anything. You can always talk to me, but the most important thing: I want to be in a place where I am loved, respected and needed, and where both I and my family feel good. If it is here, delighted, if not, I will decide myself.”

Rakitic’s current Barcelona deal runs until 2021. He also said he hoped he could finish his contract but if not would be willing to sit down and talk with the club.

The midfielder also discussed those Sevilla rumors:

“I have a special affection for Seville, I have my family there. I have always said that it would be a great dream to wear that shirt again, everyone knows it, but it is not my own decision.

“Monchi and everyone in Seville has my phone, they haven’t called me yet and recently it was my birthday and Monchi didn’t call me (laughs).”

Rakitic said earlier this season he thought about leaving in January after spending a lot of time on the bench in the first half of the season.

A summer move still looks likely, as Rakitic would be able to leave for free if he sees out his deal, although it’s not clear where he could move to if Sevilla can’t afford him.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.