Header Ads

Tello: It’d be great if my goal against Real Madrid gave Barca the title

Real Betis Balompie v Real Madrid CF - La Liga Photo by Silvestre Szpylma/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The winger was the match-winner for Real Betis

Former Barcelona winger Cristian Tello has admitted “it would be great” if his goal in Real Betis’ 2-1 win over Real Madrid at the start of March ended up giving his former club the title.

Tello struck the winner late on at the Benito Villamarin to secure a shock victory for the hosts and hand the initiative back to Barcelona in the title race.

That goal could potentially prove decisive if, as has been reported this week, La Liga is unable to resume and the table is determined by current standings.

Here’s what Tello makes of it all:

“It would be great if my goal against Real Madrid would give Barcelona the title. I spent many years there and I am in love with Barça and its fans.

“I hope that the rest of the league will play, but it would be very nice if my goal gave Barcelona the title. I spent many years there and I cherish the club and the fans very much

Source | AS

Barca were knocked off top spot after going down 2-0 in the Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeu. They responded by beating Real Sociedad 1-0 to go back top.

Real Madrid then lost to Real Betis on the final La Liga weekend before the competition was suspended because of the coronavirus outbreak.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.