Header Ads

Setien talks future, Lionel Messi rumors, Griezmann & Puig

FBL-ESP-LIGA-MALLORCA-BARCELONA Photo by JAIME REINA/AFP via Getty Images

The latest from the coach

Quique Setien faced the press on Saturday morning ahead of Barcelona’s La Liga trip to Villarreal tomorrow.

The Barcelona was obviously asked about the big Lionel Messi rumor, talked about his own future as well as Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and Riqui Puig.

Here are the best bits.

Setien on Messi rumors

I’m not going to speculate because I haven’t heard Messi talking about this news. He hasn’t said anything. I don’t want to speculate it’s not my job. I see Leo really well, all the rest is just speculation. I don’t want to comment, that’s your task not mine. He’s training really well.

Setien on Villarreal

I think they are the best or one of the best teams since the return from lockdown. They are doing a really good job. there’s a lot of talent, they defend really well and it’ll be really tough. They are at home and they are in great shape. We played a good game against Atletico and I hope we will play at a high level and win the game.

Setien on speculation about his future

I don’t want to waste a single minute thinking about what will happen if we don’t win. I am focused on trying to win and play at a great level like we played the last two games. We cannot control this situation. This is the circus in which we are involved and we accept it. I do not waste a minute listening or reading.

Setien on influence of Barca dressing room

I understand that in each club there are steps and hierarchies. It is something that is won over time. They have not prevented me from anything, they have helped me make decisions and be clear.

Setien on Griezmann

He is a great professional, he is a player who can understand this situation. He is an extraordinary kid, tremendously professional, and it will not affect him when he has to play again. He is very positive and we can count on him 100 per cent.

I have spoken of hierarchies, but never of being indisputable. Obviously Griezmann is a great player for the club and the team. When Griezmann has played you have asked me about Ansu, and so on. Everyone cannot play. It is normal and happens in all teams. It is a decision that I have to make.

Setien on Suarez

I think he is a player who has to be on the field. He has given the club many goals and we have confidence in him. It is true that there are moments that we could give him rest, but it depends on the circumstances.

Setien on Umtiti

I haven’t read what we said [on Instagram - here]. It’s a situation where he feels some pain in his knee and he’s not in a condition to play. We have to wait and see how it goes.

Setien on Riqui Puig

He has taken a very important step and has gained continuity in these games. I think he deserves to play. I have told him not to stick with what he has done and he is perfectly aware of the opportunity he has.

Setien on his meeting with Bartomeu

I won’t talk about my conversation with the president but I didn’t have the impression I won’t continue next season.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.