Header Ads

Trincao: Koeman told me to be myself

FBL-ESP-FRIENDLY-BARCELONA-NASTIC Photo by PAU BARRENA/AFP via Getty Images

The youngster made his debut on Saturday

New Barcelona signing Francisco Trincao made his debut in Saturday’s 3-1 friendly win over Nastic and was happy to speak about his performance after the game.

The Portugal international showed off his trickery and dribbling ability during the game and was also a little unlucky not to pick up an assist.

Trincao delivered a lovely ball in to Konrad de la Fuente to finish neatly, but the effort was harshly ruled out for offside.

The 21-year-old spoke about his debut and the advice boss Ronald Koeman offered him before he took to the pitch for the second half.

“I’m very happy to have played my first minutes and get a victory. It was very good. All the players have played well and I’m looking forward to playing more games with the team.

“I’m a player who likes to take defenders on. It’s in my character. I am like that, I always was. This is my game. Koeman told me to be myself.”

Source | Mundo Deportivo

Koeman took time out to praise Trincao after the match. He described the 21-year-old as a “great signing,” and fans will certainly be looking forward to seeing much more of the youngster in the new season.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.