Header Ads

Braithwaite: ‘I don’t pay attention’ to exit rumors

Deportivo Alaves v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The Danish is linked with a January move away from Camp Nou

Martin Braithwaite is living the dream of playing for Barcelona, but the dream could be over in less than two months as the Danish forward looks destined to leave Camp Nou with the Blaugrana reportedly keen to sign Memphis Depay to bolster the attack, which would require Braithwaite and others to be sold in order to fund a move for the Dutch international.

Braithwaite is currently with the Denmark national team and was asked by his country’s media about the speculation that he’s likely on his way out of Catalonia, but the 29-year-old doesn’t seem too bothered with all the news about him.

“I don’t follow the news, because I live my life and I know how that goes, but of course I hear some things, but I don’t pay attention to rumours.

“Barça are an enormous club and they write a lot of things, because newspapers know that anything Barca publish generates a lot of attention. Many things are happening but I only focus on those I can control. I play football and can’t do anything about other things. When I wake up in the morning I only think about playing football.

“I am where I always dreamed of and you can only improve if you are here. I’m happy because I’m in a fantastic moment in my life and I feel that everything goes well. I am calm and happy with this challenge.”

Source: Bold.dk via Sport

Braithwaite makes a very good point about how transfer stories about Barcelona always generate clicks, and the vast majority of those have pretty much zero substance. The transfer stories about him, however, make a lot of sense given his production at the club and Ronald Koeman asking specifically about Memphis Depay, and as much as Braithwaite doesn’t care about the rumors they seem to be coming true soon.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.