Header Ads

Pique aiming to return in time for El Clasico

FC Barcelona v Sevilla: Copa del Rey Semi Final Second Leg
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The Barcelona defender is out with a knee problem

Gerard Pique has made it pretty clear he’s determined to make his Barcelona return in time for the next Clasico against Real Madrid on April 10.

The defender was back in training on Wednesday as he steps up his recovery from knee trouble and has told TV3 his focus is on facing Los Blancos.

He said: “The objective is to play against Real Madrid and I want to be involved as soon as possible. I’m focused on this.”

Pique was also asked about the recent elections and whether he might run for president at some point in the future after he’s finally hung up his boots.

“In these elections, I saw myself reflected. I have a lot of information from Barça and I wanted to see how they did it. It was a worthy fight. And I hope that Laporta fulfills the mandate,” he said. “But I do not know, I do not know if in the future I will be president… I feel that I am still a footballer and I have a good time.”

Barcelona play Real Valladolid on Monday and will then turn their attentions to the trip to Real Madrid on April 10. Just two points separate Barca and Real Madrid in La Liga with both teams still hoping to pip leaders Atletico to the title.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.