Header Ads

Neymar sends emotional message to Messi

Brazil v Argentina: Final - Copa America Brazil 2021
Photo by Gustavo Pagano/Getty Images

The Brazilian admits defeat is tough to take

Neymar had a message for former Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi after his Brazil team were beaten 1-0 by Argentina in the final of the Copa America.

The PSG star was left in tears by the defeat but still managed to head over to the Argentine celebrations and enjoy a warm embrace with Messi.

The two players were also spotted chatting in the tunnel later on with Leandro Paredes, and Neymar has told his former teammate to enjoy the famous victory.

“Losing hurts me, it hurts me…it’s something I haven’t learned to live with yet. Yesterday when I lost, I went to give a hug to the biggest and best in history that I’ve seen play. My friend and brother Messi, I got sad and told him ‘f*ck, you beat me’ I’m too sad to have lost. But this guy is crap! I have a lot of respect for what he did for football and especially for me. HATE TO LOSE!!! But enjoy your title, football was waiting for you at this moment! CONGRATS HDP BROTHER.”

The defeat means it’s a sad end to a curious season for Neymar who was once again heavily linked with a move back to Barcelona before signing a contract extension with PSG.

The Ligue 1 side had a tough campaign and surprisingly missed out on the French league title. PSG were also beaten in the semi-finals of the Champions League by Manchester City and had to watch on as former boss Thomas Tuchel lifted the European Cup with Chelsea.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.