Header Ads

Lewandowski reveals injury fears after being taken off in Poland’s win

Scotland v Poland - UEFA Nations League 2024/25 League A Group A1
Photo by Joe Prior/Visionhaus via Getty Images

The striker felt some discomfort

Robert Lewandowski has revealed he asked to be substituted during Poland’s Nations League win over Scotland on Thursday after feeling some discomfort.

The Barcelona striker scored and bagged an assist in the 3-2 victory but was taken off after 72 minutes of the match at Hampden Park.

Here’s what he said after the win over the Scots.

“I felt discomfort and then there was some pain. I realised that if I took a risk today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow it could be much worse,” he said.

“For the good of the team and for my health, the decision was made to leave the field. The season will be very demanding.

“I could have up to 70 games ahead of me, so I need to manage my strength and energy wisely.”

Barcelona will certainly be hoping that Lewandowski comes through the international break unscathed and does not add to their lengthy injury list. Poland are back in Nations League action on Sunday against Croatia.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.