Header Ads

De Jong fancies the No. 21 shirt at Barcelona

He also wants to stay at the club for life ‘like Messi’

Frenkie de Jong has been talking about his upcoming move to Barcelona and in particular which shirt number he might take at the Camp Nou.

Barcelona announced in the January transfer window that the Dutch star will join in the summer, and he’s also said he could spend the rest of his career at the club.

“I am happy with my five-year contract, and if I succeed, the chances are that I will never leave, just like [Lionel] Messi,” he said.

“In July I sign my official contract in Barcelona and I am also presented to the fans and the press.

”We are also thinking about playing with Frenkie on the back of my shirt, which Nike prefers from a merchandising point of view, but I’m not sure I want it.

”Playing with 21 would be nice, because that is kind of my number, but the selection for the new season is not yet known, so I will have to wait.”

Source | Het Kontakt (via FourFourTwo)

De Jong’s arrival at the Camp Nou will be eagerly-anticipated given he’s one of Europe’s most exciting midfielders and Barca beat off stiff competition to secure his signature.

However, Barcelona’s No. 21 shirt is currently being worn by Carles Alena after he was promoted to the first-team squad in December.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.