Header Ads

Cucurella: I couldn’t show what I can do at Barcelona

Real Sociedad v Getafe CF - La Liga Santander Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images

The youngster is enjoying life at Getafe

Marc Cucurella has been talking about life at Barcelona and how he wasn’t able to show what he can do during his time at the Camp Nou.

The 22-year-old is a La Masia graduate but never managed to make the breakthrough into the first team.

Cucurella signed permanently for Getafe in the summer after becoming a regular in the team while on loan in 2019-20 and is pretty happy with the way things are going.

“Due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn’t able to show what I can do at Barcelona,” he said

“But that has allowed me to develop at Eibar and Getafe. Staying in Barcelona wasn’t up to me. If I have the chance [to go back] one day...we’ll see.

“Clearly the style at Getafe is different to at La Masia. But adapting to [Jose] Bordalas’ game has made me grow and that’s positive for me. Having different things in my locker gives me an advantage.”

Source | Radio Marca

Cucurella is the captain of the Spain Under-21 who are in action over the international break against the Faroe Islands and Kazakhstan in qualifying for the U-21 Euros scheduled for next year.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.