Header Ads

Puig optimistic he’ll get playing time under Koeman

FC Barcelona v Girona - Pre-Season Friendly Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The midfielder’s offered his thoughts on his situation

Riqui Puig says he’s optimistic he’ll get playing time at Barcelona under new manager Ronald Koeman this season.

The midfielder has been advised to leave on loan by the new coach but has decided to stay and fight for his place at the Camp Nou.

Puig is currently away with the Spain Under-21 side, helping the team to a 2-0 win over the Faroe Islands on Thursday, and spoke about his situation at the club after the match.

“Yes, I am optimistic, otherwise I would not have stayed at Barça. At Barça I want to succeed, claim a position and I don’t see any other way. I’m very happy in Barcelona, ​​I have my family, I think I’ll end up playing.

“A tough conversation? No, it wasn’t tough. At no point has Koeman let me know that I would not have time. He trusts me and I think he will give me opportunities to show my potential and show that I can play for this great club.”

Source | Football Espana

The 21-year-old has not managed a single minute in Barcelona’s first three games of the season but will be hoping for chances as the season progresses.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.