Header Ads

Luis Suarez talks Barcelona exit ahead of La Liga clash

Atletico de Madrid v Granada CF - La Liga Santander Photo by Berengui/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The striker’s been talking about his former club

Luis Suarez has been talking about his exit from Barcelona once again ahead of Atletico Madrid’s clash with the Catalan giants at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on Saturday.

The striker is set to come up against his former team-mates for the first time since his summer departure in a big game in La Liga.

Suarez again spoke about how painful it was for him to leave the Camp Nou after being informed he was surplus to requirements by new manager Ronald Koeman.

“I was sad and hurt by the way I left, which I have already said. I feel proud. When I wasn’t wanted, I found somewhere I was. I’ve found happiness and I’m enjoying this period.”

Suarez was also asked about Barcelona’s lack of goals this season and whether he’s missed at his former club.

“No, there was a tactical plan, or whatever you want to call it. I had to accept it because they didn’t need me and everyone can draw their own conclusions.

“I have to live my life at Atleti, but I feel bad that my friends are having problems. But it’s a run, the goals will come fast.”

Source | Marca

The Uruguay international seems to have settled into life at Atletico pretty smoothly. He’s scored five goals in six La Liga appearances so far for his new club.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.