Header Ads

Cuenca hails Flick’s ‘unbelievable’ faith in Barca’s youngsters

FC Barcelona v BSC Young Boys - UEFA Champions League 2024/25 League Phase MD2
Photo by Pedro Salado/Getty Images

The teenager played in midweek

Andres Cuena has hailed Barcelona coach Hansi Flick for his faith in the club’s youngsters after making his debut for the first team.

The 17-year-old make his first senior appearance in the Champions League win over Young Boys and revealed his gratitude to the coach after the match.

“It’s very important to have a coach with faith in La Masia and he seems to have a lot of faith,” he told Barca’s media.

“It’s a message for all the kids coming up, it’s incredible for a coach to have such faith in the youth players and they should all work hard because their chance could come at any time. They need to be ready and I think they are.”

Cuenca also spoke about how his debut was a moment he’d been dreaming of since joining the club as a 12-year-old.

“It really is a dream because I’ve been here six years. I came when I was 12. It was a big challenge for me because I arrived very young and I had the idea of debuting one day for the first team,” he added.

“It’s a dream come true. My team-mates were happy for me. When I got to La Masia they were waiting for me in the room and all the team congratulated me too. I’m very happy.”

Flick has spoken openly about how impressed he’s been with the quality of Barca’s young players and has also handed out debuts to Gerard Martin, Sergi Dominguez, Pau Victor and Marc Bernal this season.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.