Header Ads

‘I’m not afraid of you!’ - Kristiansen speaks about his tough tackles on Yamal

Spain v Denmark - UEFA Nations League 2024/25 League A Group A4
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The Spain star was seen limping afterwards

Denmark defender Victor Kristiansen has admitted he deliberately targeted Lamine Yamal during Saturday’s clash with Spain in the Nations League.

Yamal was spotted limping at the end of the match and is now a doubt for Spain’s next game against Serbia on Tuesday.

Kristiansen has spoken about his battle with the Barcelona star and reveals he took a tough approach with Yamal on purpose.

“I didn’t have a yellow card in the back of my mind. It’s just walking up and saying ‘hey, I’m in the fight too. I’m not afraid of you’,” he told to Ekstra Bladet.

“You can tend to root for a player like that, but when you get a chance to have a good, fair duel that might hurt a little, you have to take advantage of it.

“Spain made it easier for me by letting Pedro Porro overlap so we could release (Yamal) and I could take over Porros’ run a little faster. So I wasn’t into that clear one-on-one situation that much.

“Yamal is a skilled, skilled player and he is really, really good at a young age. He will be one of the best players for many years.”

Kristiansen was eventually booked in the 85th minute and will miss his team’s next game due to suspension.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.