Header Ads

Griezmann vows to improve penalties after France miss

France v Albania - UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images

The Barcelona striker failed from the spot on Saturday

Antoine Griezmann has vowed to work on his penalties after missing from the spot for France in their Euro 2020 win over Albania on Saturday.

The Barcelona striker hit the woodwork with his effort, the first time he has failed to convert a penalty while on international duty.

Griezmann joked after the match that he failed because his wife wasn’t watching but also added he would be looking to improve from the spot.

“I don’t know [what happened]. I don’t know,” he said.

”As I said earlier, maybe it’s because my wife didn’t watch the game!

”I was on a good dynamic but we can’t score every time. Too bad, I’ll have to work on it.”

Source | Goal

Despite the miss France ran out 4-1 winners to maintain their place at the top of Group H ahead of Tuesday’s game against Andorra.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.