Header Ads

Lionel Messi speculates on retirement date

Barcelona V Sevilla, La Liga regular season. Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images

The Argentine star would not commit to a specific age for when to call it quits

Lionel Messi has spoken openly about retirement being on his mind. The legendary Barcelona star is 32, meaning it’s a looming fact that it’s a matter of time until his body will not be able to keep up with the demands of top level competition.

Messi was asked how many years he thought he had left in a wide-ranging interview with RAC1. The Argentine star refused to give a specific date, instead insisting he would take stock on a yearly basis of how he was handling things.

“I assess myself every year, and every year I see if I’m good, if I’m bad, if I can continue, if I can’t continue. I’m now at an age where it’s getting harder. It’s normal and logical,” Messi said.

He refused to make any firm predictions: “If I say ‘I’ll be around at 35 or 36,’ and then I’m 35 or 36, and I can’t move... I don’t want to be that way. I want to be good, competing, and helping.”

Here’s hoping Messi will continue for a long time!



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.