Header Ads

Setien says he does not doubt Barca’s youngsters

ESP: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad - La Liga

The boss insists he still has faith in La Masia

Barcelona manager Quique Setien has insisted he does not lack faith in the club’s youngsters after coming under a bit of scrutiny.

Sport have reported that there has been surprise at La Masia regarding some of the comments Setien has made about being unconvinced by some of the academy players.

The 61-year-old has now sought to explain his views on Barca’s youngsters and why they may be struggling for minutes at the Camp Nou.

“I am not a doubtful person regarding the kids. When I saw that with them I could win and they could give me performance, I have used them, I showed it in Seville and Las Palmas.

“I am following them, they are training with us, but the problem is that none has convinced me to give them more minutes. That does not mean that I do not believe in them.

“In a team like Barça you have to measure the incorporations very well. If there had been one that proved to be better than the others, I would have had no problem putting it in.”

Source | Onda Cero

There was plenty of optimism regarding the club’s youngsters and Setien when he replaced Ernesto Valverde at the club in January, particularly when he immediately called up Riqui Puig for training.

A number of Barcelona B players have since been regulars in first-team training, such as Puig, Alex Collado and Ronald Araujo, but haven’t been able to gain regular minutes yet.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.