Header Ads

Casado talks La Masia and Olmo ahead of UCL clash

FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid CF - La Liga EA Sports
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The midfielder has been chatting about life at the club

Marc Casado has said he wants to spend his entire career at Barcelona after breaking into the first team this season under Hansi Flick.

The midfielder, who captained Barca Atletic last season, impressed in the win over Girona at the weekend and looks set for plenty of mintes this season.

Casado says he doesn’t mind where he plays as long as he’s wearing Blaugrana.

“I feel comfortable everywhere. The important thing is to be able to wear this shirt for as long as possible; that’s what I like. Whether it’s at 6, 8, 10 or full-back,” he told Jijantes.

“I was waiting this summer to see if the contract would be renewed or if I would go on loan. My intention is to continue wearing this shirt for the rest of my life.

“There is an incredible atmosphere in the dressing room, you can feel it on the pitch. I see some very good connections.”

The Barca youngster also spoke about new signing Dani Olmo as well as Thiago Alcantara who worked with the team over the summer with Flick.

“Dani Olmo is the embodiment of La Masia, he has adapted faster than usual. As a person and as a player, he has given us a lot. He is a wonderful person. When I give him the ball, I am sure that good things will happen,” he added.

“People who come from La Masia, it’s something you notice quickly. For example, I worked on the same thing for eight years. You can see the fact that you’ve adapted to the philosophy. And you see that at 16/17 years old you can do these things

“The relationship with Thiago was very good. He is no longer with us now, but I hope he will return. He helped me and the whole team to understand what Hansi Flick expected from us.”

Casado will be hoping for another start on Thursday when Barcelona return to action in the Champions League against Monaco.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.