Header Ads

Victor reveals what Flick told him when he signed for Barca

FBL-FRIENDLY-REAL MADRID-BARCELONA
Photo by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU/AFP via Getty Images

The striker is thrilled to have signed

Pau Victory has opened up on his delight at signing for Barcelona permanently this summer and how grateful he is to Hansi Flick for giving him a chance at the club.

The striker moved from Girona after impressing last season with Barca Atletic. Victor has revealed his delight at the move and how he’ll always be grateful to the Barca boss.

“It was a week that I will always remember. I came with the mentality of proving that I could stay here. They never raised the possibility of going out on loan, but you always think that maybe you are not at the level, or maybe they will pass you by. That week served to prove to myself that I could be here,” he told Barca One,

“I will always remember it with gratitude to Flick, who spoke to me from the first day and told me what he wanted from me.

“He told me that he was very happy that I was in the team and that he trusted me. It was a short talk, but we are getting to know each other.”

Victor also revealed his emotional reaction when he was told the deal had finally gone through.

“My desire was to return here, but it did not depend on me, several circumstances had to occur. My agent told me to be attentive because at any time he could call me to come here, so I was on vacation, but I was on the phone,” he added.

“I left training with Girona, which I started there, and I was very nervous because I was really looking forward to the day. My representative called me telling me that Girona had given the OK”

“My first reaction was to cry. My partner and I hugged and I called my family. It was a very beautiful moment. We all went to dinner. My father made me a member shortly after I was born, signing for Barça was a lifelong dream, I went to school wearing the Barça shirt.”

Victor will be hoping he can make an impact this season. The striker has made three substitute appearances so far this season but will likely get more opportunities in the coming weeks due to a busy schedule.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.